Monday, December 20, 2010

 

R1b1b2 Testing of DNA Report

If you have had your dna tested and are in R1b1b2, here is the latest report. Vincent tells more in depth research for deep clade testing, etc in his full report on ISOGG.

The basic story of R1b1b2 hasn't changed since our last update: I still estimate this haplogroup to be about 5-6,000 years old, to have an origin somewhere in SW Asia, and to have spread into Europe from there. from Vincent Vizachero, leader in dna group R1b1b2.

The best way to see if you are related to another Robinson is to have both parties tested for their dna. I did that and found that someone I was sure to be related to just wasn't so. We have to keep away from assumptions as Robinson is such a well-used surname, 16th most popular in the USA. That dna test forced me to disconnect from a whole long line of Robinson, but facts are facts. I didn't delete them, just disconnected. You never know. Somewhere along that line, someone may have married into them. I even have a Robinson marrying a Robinson. Sometimes I think that all of New England was just made up of Robinsons.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?